Sunday, July 12, 2009

What a busy weekend...


Would be unusual if the Stillwell household did not have a busy weekend and indeed we did. Friday ended with our regular work jobs and the real work just began. We grabbed some supper and headed to barn for an evening of preparing for the Howard County 4-H fair. Brice, our 4-H in our barn had is horse show on Saturday morning so it was evening of riding, washing, banding her mane, packing the trailer and finalizing the last minute details. Saturday morning, Joey, Jack & Brice headed off to the horse show around 8 am with light rain in tow. Horse shows are terrible when it rains. Jhett and I cleaned the house and did laundry. Jhett was going to have a babysitter for the evening because I need to go and work. We (Shoups) had one of the busiest weekends of the year (4 weddings in one night)! Hillary, our beloved babysitter, arrived and she & Jhett darted off to work on the 4-H dog float for the parade. I left and went to work. I received a phone call from Joey, Jack & Brice that Brice had been awarded the honor of Grand Champion 4-H Western Horse at the Howard County Fair. What a great accomplishment and we are so proud and excited!! The evening ended when I arrived home after 4 successful events around 12:30 am (Sunday)! Today we are mowing grass, weeding, cleaning our house, working in the barn and doing our normal outside chores! I am sure I am making you all exhausted as I type our agenda...what until next weeks post! Ha Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment